[TriLUG] Odd GNOME and X Problem

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Mon Oct 6 10:12:13 EDT 2003

I have a Dell Latitude C400 laptop that I use both docked and undocked.

I have two seperate XF86Config files that I use, one docked one
undocked. The internal LCD can only do 1024x768, but when I am docked, I
would like a much higher resolution on the 21" monitor.

I can set the resolution much higher in the XF86Config, but it appears
that GDM or GNOME limits the highest resolution to 1024x768.

I've poked around at this for a while, but I can't figure it out. Any
even vauge tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Peace.

john