[TriLUG] Using Java to read image properties

Ubqtous ubqtous at ubqtous.com
Mon Oct 6 11:34:06 EDT 2003

TRILUG,

I was researching Java libraries that could be leveraged to read image
properties (width, height, file size) for a website on a Cold Fusion
MX / RH Linux server, and was told in another forum that I'd need to
configure X11 in order to have access to those libraries.

Isn't X11 a GUI like KDE or Gnome? Or can I install just the X11/Java
packages I need without the GUI stuff. Seems like overkill to install
all of that on a production server just to read image properties.

I'm admittedly new to the Linux world, so any help would be
appreciated!

~ Ubqtous ~