[TriLUG] Good distro for laptops?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Oct 6 15:52:32 EDT 2003

Joshua Gitlin wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I do believe that Mandrake 9.1
> handles LinkSys wireless cards (although I'm not sure) and I do know
> that it handles power management fine on my laptop.

Keep in mind that there are several versions of the Linksys wireless
cards (WPC11).  Version 1 and 2 should work fine with Linux, and version
3 has been reported to work.  Version 4 of the WPC11 is based on an
unsupported Broadcom ship and will not work at all, according to what
I've seen.

This is not a function of the distribution, necessarily, but more on
whether the drivers have been made available to the Linux kernel developers.

--Jeremy