[TriLUG] Using Java to read image properties

Owen Berry trilugbucket at berrybunch.net
Mon Oct 6 19:38:54 EDT 2003

No, this will not install anything on your server. The -D switch defines
an environment variable to be used by the JVM once it starts up. Also,
the CLASSNAME mentioned is the class you want to execute, which should
be something like "com.mycompany.project.myclass", not javax.

As far as I understand it you should get the capabilities you are
looking for without installing anything beyond a recent JVM.

You seem to be a little confused and on the wrong track. Maybe you
should do some general reading via the links mentioned earlier, rather
than getting to the specifics right away.

Also, you might want to repost this question on a Java development user
group, as it is more specific to Java than Linux. Look at
http://trijug.org/ (some of them run Linux in addition to being a source
for Java help) or if you want to try TriLUG again, you could try the dev
list rather than the general list
(http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/dev).

-- Owen