[TriLUG] Good distro for laptops?

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Oct 6 21:38:39 EDT 2003

I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 with a Linksys  WPC11 ver 3. Worked right
out of the box.

Robert, RHL has been working great on all my laptops since 6.2. Here are
the specs of this laptop:

PII-333
224MB RAM
20GB HDD
NeoMagic 128 2MB Video/Sound combo

X starts slow, but it works great. I even have Win4Lin and VMWare
running on it.

Never had to "tweak" it to get it to work. Only suggestion, if you have
older sound hardware, install sndconfig as it is not part of the default
installs.

HTH