[TriLUG] DSL or RoadRunner?

Jason Browne jbrowne at flashnet.homeip.net
Mon Oct 6 22:09:58 EDT 2003

Got a general question...

All I have had for broadband is Bellsouth DSL.  I had Charter Pipeline
very shortly while i was in school, but promptly dropped them b/c they
blocked all incoming connections to my box.  So this has made me cautious
about going to Cable Broadband.  I am going to be moving down to the Holly
Springs area, so i am thinking about changing to RoadRunner. My main
concern is that people can access all my services from the web.

Has anyone had any bad experiences about Timewarner blocking services?  Is
the speed and connection pretty reliable?  If not, who else is a good
provider in the Holly Springs area?

Jason