[TriLUG] DSL or RoadRunner?

Jim linux at thecrumb.com
Mon Oct 6 22:27:53 EDT 2003

Hi Jason,  I'm out in Holly Springs. Currently using RR.  The only
other provider out here I'm aware of is Sprint DSL.  And last time I
checked it was more expensive than cable.

RR has been remarkably reliable considering we're out so far.  I don't
think either of them offers a static IP.  For awhile I had a server at
home and simple used one of the dynamic DNS services to reach my
computer.  I was running a webserver behind my Linksys
firewall and never had any problems. I could SSH in from work and grab
files, etc.

Jim