[TriLUG] help with install

ScottThomas sthomas at myfamily.org
Mon Oct 6 22:54:11 EDT 2003

Hello all,
well now that I'm back after traveling I'm trying to tackle this install
problem again...

my compaq presario 2286 boots to windows XP ok; and I use a boot floppy to
try to boot RH9, but it hangs in the process, -the last message displayed is
"apm: BIOS version 1.2 flags 0x03";  one more thing, I have a voodoo 3fx
card installed; I suspect this might be a X window or video driver problem.
is there a way to verify this? (and fix it?)

-Scott