[TriLUG] DSL or RoadRunner...PART 2

rasch at raschnet.com rasch at raschnet.com
Tue Oct 7 09:26:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:22:23AM -0400, Jason Browne <jbrowne at flashnet.homeip.net> wrote:
> In addition to my previous questions... Those people that have Timewarner
> providing their service...did you choose their "RoadRunner" option or
> "Earthlink" option?  What's the difference...to me it looks like a
> rebranding.

I have the Earthlink option as I liked the prospect of unlimited dialup
when out of town (don't know if this is offered by RR).  The speed was
also advirtised as higher uplink, and I knew about Earthlink's 'personal
server' policy, where as I didn't know much about RR's (my ignorance
here shouldn't serve as a dincentive for you considering others have
indicated RR is laissez.  I get about 2MB/384k on my earthlink
connection.  Only other difference is that I use mail.earthlink.net
instead of rr.com's mail server when relaying.  For all I know the two
services may be exactly the same.  Either way, I have no complaints.

David