[TriLUG] Broadband Speeds

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Tue Oct 7 10:26:10 EDT 2003

Ok, so with respect to speed for TWC, what are the actual download speeds
for Cable?  I am at a consistant 160Kb/sec (advertised at 1.5M), how does
this compare to the other providers?  I have heard stories of cable
getting painfully slow around 5ish when everyone is home and surfing, is
that the case here?  How about Upload speed?  Bellsouth DSL gives me
roughly 35Kb/s upload.  I am considering the switch, but want to make sure
I am getting as much bang for my buck as possible.

TIA.
Steve