[TriLUG] Different Samba configurations on different network interfaces

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Mon Oct 13 17:20:06 EDT 2003

I have a file server that sits between the corporate network, and my
lab. I want the lab side to be very permissive, but only limited access
to the files from the public network.

I've read up on Samba, and can't quite figure out how to run two
different samba servers on two different interfaces, both with very
different configurations.

I know about the "interfaces", "bind interfaces only" options but I was
wondering if a single samba configuration could serve up the two
different configurations.

Any tips, or suggestions - even on how to run two smbd's would be
appreciated.

Peace.

john