[TriLUG] zaurus

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Tue Oct 14 10:03:23 EDT 2003

Ok, on the XP front, if you updated to the new 3.10 rom you need the
newest version of the Qtopia Desktop from Sharps Download site (the
Trolltech ones will not work either).  The version that comes on the
CD's with the 2.38 roms won't work with the 3.10 roms, they changed the
sync design.

On the Linux side, right now for the 3.10 ROMs the only linux access you
realy have is for file transfers.  I'm running the 3.10 ROM and have no
problem getting an internet connection setup between my Zaurus and my
Linux laptop to do file transfers over sftp or windows file shares (the
3.10 ROM runs Samba to share files with windows computers).  As for
syncing there is no syncing for the 3.10 ROM to linux yet.  If you go
back to the 2.38 ROM there are many choices for syncing including Qtopia
Desktop for Linux, a plugin for Evolution and a couple other choices.

I can't help you to much on the XP side, just to say, go to
www.myzaurus.com download all the updated software and follow the
instructions to the T.  I did this when I had to use a Win2K machine to
migrate my data from the 2.38 ROM to the 3.10 ROM (found out about the
Linux syncing options after the upgrade, doh..).  On the linux side I
can at least help you get a network connection up and how I used to sync
with linux and Qtopia Desktop for linux.

-David