[TriLUG] the new business discussion thread

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 21:47:49 EDT 2003

In fact, he never said that.  He did however put a lot of effort into
supporting and moving the legislation that created what evolved into the
internet.

"But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've
traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During
my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole
range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's
economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our
educational system."

Perhaps not the clearest choice of words, but a far cry from claiming
invention.  It's amazing what the media can do.

Michael