[TriLUG] OT? Wiggly Monitor

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Oct 16 23:00:37 EDT 2003

Yesterday I came home from work, sat down at my computer, and bumped my
mouse to clear the screensaver.  When the normal image came up I noticed
it was continuously wiggling horizontally.  I hit the degauss function
on the monitor but it didn't help.  Since then I've checked everything,
including reseating the video card in the computer and reseating the
video cable.  No new electromagnetic sources have come into my office
space, either.

The monitor is a Samsung 19" that is bout 2.5 years old.  The video card
is a GForce2MX400 bought shortly after the monitor.

I've done all I know how to do.  Can anyone offer advice?  I'm concerned
that I'm loosing either the card or the monitor.

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/