[TriLUG] RE: [TNTUG-discussion] Faxing solution, outbound particularly, in bound maybe

Tim Hazlehurst tim at exploris.org
Mon Oct 20 17:37:49 EDT 2003

We've used RightFAX for years here... We put a Brooktrout board in the fax
server to handle inbound faxes to a bank of DID numbers, and outbound faxing
via 2 analog lines. It's worked well for us.

Most of our users use the fax client software that comes with the product to
manage their fax mailboxes, and you can also integrate it with Exchange as
far mailboxing goes. A quick way to send faxes is to print from any
application to the RightFAX printer, which then presents a dialog box for
the rest of the fax info (fax #, cover sheet info, etc). In my experience,
the fax contact info can be pulled directly in from the Outlook contacts,
when available. You can customize cover pages, redirect/forward/autoprint
inbound faxes, etc. It also has OCR capabilities that allow it to scan cover
pages to see who a fax is destined for, but we haven't used that feature...
It's pretty flexible and has worked well for us.