[TriLUG] bad burned CD?

Scott Lundgren s_l at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 21 13:28:32 EDT 2003

I'm looking for other suggestions to check if in fact the CD of data I was
sent is a bad burn, and the person that sent it didn't check it before
mailing it.

On RH9:
[root at athos scott]# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
[root at athos scott]# mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
on Win98:
It is autodetected as a CD in the D: but no data is displayed and properties
only shows me that it's 53MB.

Since a CD has to be iso9660, what else can I do but conclude its a bad
burn?

danke,
SL