[TriLUG] Re: No More Consumer Red Hat?

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 23 13:46:16 EDT 2003

On 10/23/2003 12:14 PM, James Manning wrote:
>>the servers (no upgrade from RH 7.2 or RH 9 to Enterprise).
>

> As already mentioned during the talk, that's a real plus of Debian
> stable - you install once, then everything else is just upgrade'ing
> for fixes or dist-upgrade'ing when you want to upgrade the entire
> distro :)
>
>     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html
>
> Just seems like a rock-solid choice for servers you'd like to
> physically deal with *once*.

Right, the thing is, I am located on the same physical campus as Red Hat
and I'm not sure that a change in distribution would fly.  Technically,
there are certainly other options out there for us that may be better.
I hope to explore them after getting everything to RH 9.

--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator