[TriLUG] Mandrake

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Thu Oct 23 15:44:01 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 03:30:26 PM -0400 Rock Roskam
<rock at trilug.org> wrote:

> I feel a little lost and listless with Red Hats change.  I like the look
> of Mandrake but the pressure for the club may be too much.  I am not
> ready  for a monthly fee for linux.  I do not feel ready for the
> challenge of  Gentoo or Debian against my hardware.
>
> Rock

go here http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon to get the command line to hook up
with a non-club urpmi site.

I think you're making a bit too big a deal about the club stuff.  I ran
Mandrake successfully for motnhs without joining up.  I paid them my $60
for a year's access because it was worth it to me. YMMV.

I like not running RH.  I used it for years but their habit of sticking
their stuff in 'special' places and the attitude of one of their employees
pretty much soured me on them.

--
Dan