[TriLUG] What would you pay for my server?

john broome john at jbroome.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 26 15:15:50 EST 2003

> On Oct 25, 2003, at 4:27 PM, Joshua Gitlin wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Slightly OT, but I have a dual 800 MHZ Intel server running Mandrake
>> Linux 9.1, with two 30GB hard drives, 256 MB RAM, a 32 MB AGP Graphics
>> card, 52x CDRom, sound card and a RAID card (that I can't get to work
>> under Linux, so it's stashed away somewhere)... I'm considering
>> selling it, but I don't know if it's even worth it. It's a great
>> machine and has served me very well... what do you guys think a
>> machine like that would sell for? Is it worth my time trying to eBay it?

As the resident #trilug SMP-whore i say try and sell it.  That's a sweet
machine to be giving away or donating (unless you were donating it to me
:) )

If you have decent ebay feedback, you could try and sell it at 2cpu.com.
  You should either be able to sell the whole system, or at least part
it out.

Out of curiosity, are the CPUs S370 or slot 1?