[TriLUG] Volunteers for N&O article

Frye, Matthew Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com
Wed Oct 29 10:33:02 EST 2003

Stan,
	I've spent a great deal of time "working out the kinks," as it were,
to try to rid my home of Windows.  I've had great success personally, but
there were minor compromises along the way.  I did fine replacing things
like Outlook, MS Money, MS Office, and other grown up software, but had less
success convincing my computer literate 5 year old, who points out that
there simply isn't enough educational or age-appropriate game software for
Linux to keep him occupied.
	Regarding Pocket PC's, etc, I've only experimented with Palm
products since my work doesn't really call for it.  However, I am currently
doing some experimentation with the iPaq and Axim.  I will pass along any
findings.

Regards,
Matt Frye