[TriLUG] Re: Why evolution?

elfick elfick at trilug.org
Thu Oct 30 07:04:40 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 00:32, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> And I left out one really annoying bug.  Thunderbird hijacks the
> mozilla-remote protocol stuff, or something, making it impossible to use
> it to tell mozilla to create new browser windows, etc.  It's been in the
> Thunderbird release notes since version 0.1 but is very annoying
> none-the-less.

This bug is more than just annoying IMHO :) it is what keeps me from
using thunderbird as I *need* to have the ability to launch browser
windows from links in email and I shouldn't have to cut and paste to do
it. Otherwise I'd much prefer to use moz for its cross-platformness :)

Also, has anyone else noticed a but that adding something to the
shortcut bar in evo keeps it from closing correctly and the shortcuts
dissappearing on restart?

-Lee