[TriLUG] anybody know how to configure PXE clients on linux dhcp?

davis davis at skink.net
Thu Oct 30 10:37:10 EST 2003

Hello

My job recently took a turn for the worst in that I have to work with this
microsoft windows xp embedded crap.  As such, I need to configure my debian
linux dhcp server to handle dhcp requests from a windows machine.  I have
done the google thing and found the following

option space PXE;
option PXE.mtftp-ip   code 1 = ip-address;

However, this blows up my dhcp server.  ie. it chokes on the option "space"
keyword.  If you have done any netbooting of xp embedded clients I would
like to talk to you as well.

--
Happy Trails

John F. Davis
ABC #6334 1992 R100GSPD                    Durham, North Carolina
http://www.skink.net