[TriLUG] Why evolution?

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Thu Oct 30 13:48:27 EST 2003

> Has anyone here used the Mozilla Calendar?  If so, what are your
> opinions of it?

I use it, but I haven't been using it long (this time... I tried it a
LOOOONGG
time ago and found it to be a little too unstable to use then)  Initial
impression
is that the current versions are quite usable, but do still have some
annoying
bugs.  The #1 bug that comes to mind, is that sometimes when you add a new
event,
the event doesn't appear on the page until you force it to refresh, by
doing something
like scrolling to another month and then back.

Also, I'm not quite sure what the status of the remote publishing support
is.
I tried it with a much older build of Mozilla Calendar a while back, and
could
not get it to work. I haven't tried it since I started using Calendar
again.
Maybe I'll try it later and post my results, if anybody's interested...

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will
lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.

Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise
their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary
right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson