[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 14:59:15 EST 2003

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Jim Ray wrote:
>
>> MS doesn't do the fixing.  never deal with a fixer that doesn't care
>> about
>> the customer.  you aren't locked into one fixer no matter what OS you
>> use.
>

> You aren't?  So, just out of curiosity, then, do you know of a company
> other than Microsoft that can fix bugs in IE?  No? I didn't think so.
> That's *not* the case with programs like Mozilla or Konqueror.  Get your
> facts straight, please.

What bugs are you referring to?  I would rather have the reliability and
stability of IE anyday over Mozilla and Konqueror.  As it is now I have
Mozilla and Konqueror crash at least once a day, and I have never had IE
crash.  And while talking about browsers, why cant these companies
understand what a plug-in is?  You almost have to be a programmer to
install the plug ins for Mozilla.