[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 18:29:15 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 14:59, Chris Bullock wrote:
> What bugs are you referring to?  I would rather have the reliability and
> stability of IE anyday over Mozilla and Konqueror.  As it is now I have
> Mozilla and Konqueror crash at least once a day, and I have never had IE
> crash.  And while talking about browsers, why cant these companies
> understand what a plug-in is?  You almost have to be a programmer to
> install the plug ins for Mozilla.

IE is bug. IE appropriates technology covertly.  It uses it's monopoly status
to change the rules of the web.  And another thing IE is worm bait.

Firebird is rock solid for me.  Running with no plug-ins means the Yahoo ads
don't play silly games with me screens. I pay bills and buy stuff with it -
no problems.  I had to go through some Konqueror troubles to get to this
point.

OSS requires more effort than MS to use and its worthwhile to expend the
effort.  We are the world's most technical society so learning how to control
Mozilla should be a no-brainer.  If we can't handle the technology then there
are some mighty fine technologists in India, China, Russia, Romania, Poland,
Germany, Brazil, Argentina, etc. that can - and do - and are making a good
case for exporting tech jobs to them.
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)