[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Wed Nov 5 09:10:02 EST 2003

elfick wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:59, Chris Bullock wrote:
>

>>What bugs are you referring to?  I would rather have the reliability and
>>stability of IE anyday over Mozilla and Konqueror.  As it is now I have
>>Mozilla and Konqueror crash at least once a day, and I have never had IE
>>crash.  And while talking about browsers, why cant these companies
>>understand what a plug-in is?  You almost have to be a programmer to
>>install the plug ins for Mozilla.
>>

>Was this meant to be sarcastic and I missed it or are you serious?

Nope, I am 100% serious about this comment.  I have used Slowzilla,
Konqueror, Galeon, lynx, Nutscape,  Thunderbird and Firebird, the ones
available on Windows I have tried also.  I have have used stable
releases as well as alpha and beta releases, most of them seem to be
crap.  I have submitted bugs and have yet to see any of the fixes I have
mentioned.  The developers seem to be aware of the problems yet do not
fix the problem.  Everytime I have submitted a bug they reply back that
it will be fixed in the next release, but its not.  I use IE more
because it works.  And unless you use IE AND OSS solutions you should
know what I am talking about, so if you havent used IE lately then you
don't know how stable it is.  I use it everyday as well as OSS and IE
outperforms and doesn't crash.  As a matter of fact in the past 5
minutes my Mozilla "has generated errors and will be closed."
Just my observation,
Chris

PS. I am all for OSS but I also want dependable software.