[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Nov 5 09:30:51 EST 2003

There must be something very specific in your use that causes this
instability.  I am very happily running Mozilla 1.4 with Flash,
Realplayer, Adobe, and Mplayer plugins installed.  Stable as a rock, it
doesn't crash, period.  Mozilla 1.4 is installed on my wifes laptop (on
Win2k), she uses it for Web and Email, with Shockwave, Flash, Real,
Quicktime, Adobe, MS mediaplayer plugins, and again Rock solid.  She is
not a computer person, and beats on the laptop (it stays on for weeks at
a time without mozilla or windows being shutdown).  If there were
problems I would know about it, for her it must work, if it didn't she'd
tell me to get rid of it and make IE work.

I have no idea why you are having such stability problems, but I would
tend to say it has something to do more with your computer setup than
Mozilla.  Many people, tech and non-tech, find Mozilla much better than
IE (which hasn't seen a new feature in years it seems).

Cheers,
David

--
David A. Cafaro <dac(at)cafaro.net>