[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Nov 5 09:57:04 EST 2003

I agree. My point is I had looked at all the distros at the time, slackware,
debian, red hat, mandrake, peanut, etc...(before gentoo, sorry Lee) and I
decided I liked Red Hat. I've learned it, I've developed a reputation
because of it, I've "converted" folks from other Intel based OS's because I
was able to show it's model as "ease-of-use". This has changed. Now if I
keep red hat, I have to change.

It's not that I do or don't have the choice. That's been solid. It's that
I'm being FORCED to change or choose another. That I DON'T like.