[TriLUG] quick question about mozilla on redhat

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Wed Nov 5 10:49:21 EST 2003

Jeff Painter wrote:

> I recently upgraded my RH 9 box to mozilla 1.5 from the default install of
> 1.2.1
>
> In 1.2.1 the font preference was to use System Default which I liked. Now
> "System Default" is not an option in 1.5 and the fonts look pretty funky.
>
> any ideas on how to get back to System default in 1.5?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Painter

RH builds mozilla especially (configure options, patches, etc).  I've
never gotten the fonts from stock mozilla RPMs to work properly.  I have
however used the RPMS from rawhide to good success.  Check Rawhide to
see if there's an updated RPM for 1.5.  You may need to rebuild the
SRPM, but it's worth the effort.

Joseph