[TriLUG] Re: Linux for the desktop

Jim linux at thecrumb.com
Sat Nov 8 21:47:47 EST 2003

Saturday, November 8, 2003, 9:56:36 PM, al wrote:
aj> feel of Photoshop isn't.  When you use Photoshop you almost instinctively
aj> know where things are located, because the operations which are used most are

This is only true if you started out using Photoshop. I started doing
graphic work in Macromedia Fireworks and found Photoshop a mess. Now I
use both often and can switch between them without too much trouble.

FWIW - Photoshop works under Codeweaver: http://www.codeweavers.com/

I think it was Disney who helped get Photoshop running under WINE(?)

Anyone tried this yet? The two apps that tie me to the PC (Photoshop
and Macromedia Dreamweaver) both now work in Codeweaver. I just wish I
had more free time to try them out.

jim