[TriLUG] mandrake 9.2 urpmi question

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Nov 11 09:48:10 EST 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 09:45 pm, Brian Ray Plummer wrote:
> hello you all

Hi,

> whenever i try to run urpmi to update my packages i get an error

> the command i run is:

> 	 urpmi --media Updates --auto-select

> the error i get is:

> 	You may want to update your urpmi database

> my updates source points to
> ftp.surfnet.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/Mandrake/updates/9.2/

Do you run " urpmi.update  --wget Updates " first? If you do not update the
"Update-media", urpmi will not find the proper packages in the update server.

> i try rebuilding my rpm database by using the follow command with no
> avail:

> 	rpmdb --rebuilddb

> am i running the incorrect command to update the urpmi database (most
> likely) or is something else the matter???????

rpm database is a list of *installed* packages

urpmi database is a list of **existing packages in your sources**

They have nothing to do.

Try: http://www.urpmi.org

Salut,
Sinner
--
Visit my website! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976