[TriLUG] RE:disk-wiping tool? -- thanks!

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Nov 14 14:53:01 EST 2003

Daniel Chase wrote:
> I've found this to be particularly useful and better than most commercial
 > efforts I've tested it against:
>
> http://staff.washington.edu/jdlarios/autoclave/

After reviewing the options, I chose this one to try first, based
on a short requirement list:
1) easy to get a bootable image on a floppy
2) relatively secure (it has several security levels)
3) looks easy to use

It fit all of those requirement easily, so I didn't try any
of the others.  I will keep a copy of this utility on hand
from now on!  (we have a stack of machines going off-lease in
a few months, so I'll need it again).

Thanks for the recommendations!

Chris Merrill                      |  http://webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.               |  http://webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software