[TriLUG] P2P clients

Jason S. Evans jsevans at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 17:50:54 EST 2003

If you are using Mandrake, then you might already be familiar with
bittorrent.  If not, then I suggest that you get to know it.  There are
several bootleg sites out there that are distributing whole concerts via
bittorrent.  Many of these concerts are in excellent You will have to
download a new plugin for xmms to play some of the file formats.  While
you may not care much legality of P2P networks (and I'm not going to
preach to you), it is nice to know that the RIAA can just stick it,
because these downloads are legal.

http://www.sharingthegroove.org
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

--