[TriLUG] Digital Camera vs. Linux

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 22:42:55 EST 2003

Don't worry about the camera and Linux. Make sure that the camera you
choose uses one of the popular removal flash memory modules. You can
then get a usb reader that Linux will simply see as a usb mass storage
device. I have a Sony digital camera that I've never bothered to connect
directly to a machine. I bought a $7 usb Memory Stick reader that works
great with Linux.

Ken

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 17:05, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to get a decent, not great, but decent digital camera.  I
> can't afford to spend the bucks on a top-o-the-line unit just now.  My
> concern is I want to make sure what I buy works with Linux.  Do y'all
> have any suggestions on a digital camera that works well with Linux?
>
> --[Lance]
>
> --
>   Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
>   Celebrate The Circle: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/
>   My LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/labrown/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt