[TriLUG] http://www.gphoto.org/proj/Digital Camera vs. Linux

uzoma nwosu uzoma at audioverse.com
Mon Nov 17 23:53:22 EST 2003

> > I'm looking to get a decent, not great, but decent digital camera.  I
> > can't afford to spend the bucks on a top-o-the-line unit just now.  My
> > concern is I want to make sure what I buy works with Linux.  Do y'all
> > have any suggestions on a digital camera that works well with Linux?

Have gone to http://www.gphoto.org?  I just went there and looked at all
the cameras that they support and went from there (I got a kodak but
that's probably not what you're looking for).  I use the gtkam frontend
and everything just loads up once you turn on the camera.  So I would
suggest that you just grab something off of what gphoto supports and
check the reviews (http://www.steves-digicams.com/ was pretty helpful).

uzoma