[TriLUG] will a SCSI tape slow down my SCSI disks?

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Tue Nov 18 21:48:22 EST 2003

> "We recommend keeping your Ultra2 hard disk drives separate
> from your non Ultra2 peripherals. Connecting a non Ultra2
> hard disk drive to the Ultra2 connector on the SCSI Card
> 2940U2W causes the Ultra2 SCSI segment of the SCSI bu s to
> drop down to Ultra SCSI performance levels (40 MBytes/sec)."

> For this reason, I bought a second adaptor for the SCSI CD-R that I
> put into a machine with SCSI Ultra2 drives.

With the right controller you have multiple LUN's and can isolate
slower devices on a LUN without needing a separate controller.

However, another adaptor works too, of course :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4