[TriLUG] Digital Camera vs. Linux

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 17 18:31:28 EST 2003

I'll chime in my two cents.  I have a Kodak and love the camera, works as
a usb mass storage device (sdX1), but Kodak has this thing about making
you buy accessories.  If you want to charge the batteries (if you
purchased rechargables separately) you will need the docking cradle as
there is no DC jack.  So I would recommend going the card reader route, I
got a SanDisk reader for $20 bucks two years ago, probably find em cheaper
now, and I don't have to worry about the camera batteries being wasted
while I download pictures.  The Lithiums are great, but man does it hurt
buying a pack of them for 10-15 bucks.

Steve