[TriLUG] Review: Fedora Core 1 is a Mild Disappointment

John Broome john at jbroome.dyndns.org
Wed Nov 19 09:44:09 EST 2003

karl thiele wrote:

> Folks have to assume this is accurate, what do you all think? How rough
> around the edges is Fedora going to be? Just how much "fixing" are we
> going to have to do?
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=5111

Sounds like nit-picky stuff to me, and this is just lame:

"And on top of all that, you frequently get RPM-locking (I found
rebooting to be the only method to get RPM functionality back) an
annoying bug which is with us since Red Hat Linux 8."

If this tool has been aware of the bug since 8.0 then he should know
which files to delete and not have to reboot.