[TriLUG] OT: cell phone reccomendations

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 19 20:12:45 EST 2003

It's time to make my 12-24 month commitment to a cell phone carrier.  I
have Verizon and I'm looking to make a change.  I liked the idea of
Sprint's PCS w/Vision service that allows you to connect to the
Internet over the USB connection the phone but I've heard that the data
rates have dropped to around 28.8 levels.  Is this what everyone else
has seen?

Is there a particular service which is highly reccomended?  Any that
are generally loathed?

Connecting via a Mac OS X || Linux computer to the Internet would be a
big plus..

Greg