[TriLUG] article: N&O Home Users Leap to Linux

al johnson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 23 03:53:05 EST 2003

While we're on the topic of Linux desktop installations and considering Red
Hat's attitude at present, does anyone in Tri-lug have any experience with
installing Suse 9.0 enterprise for a desktop machine??

 I was in Barnes and Noble and there was a book on the shelf on this very
topic but it was very old (published date of  2000 -- you would think that
Barnes and Noble would toss computer books on specific distributions after 3
years---e.g. they always put the old OSX version books on the sale table).

I'm going to give Suse a try, but first I need to know how big a hard drive
you would need to install everything for Suse 9.0.  Anybody know the answer??
 The second question is related to this one: are we going to offer Suse 9.0
as an option at our next installfest?? --- Al johnson