[TriLUG] DVD burners

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Mon Nov 24 11:15:41 EST 2003

I just recently purchased a TDK 4x INDI DVD+-R/+-RW drive that supports
USB2.0 and Firewire (no USB 1.1 support).  It seems to work fine with
linux so far.  I've burned DVD data backup disks and they are readable
on other linux and windows machines.  I haven't tried CD's or RW disks
just DVD-R's so far.  The only catch was I had to also purchase a usb2.0
cardbus card for my laptop.  I just downloaded the cdrecord-ProDVD free
key and updated X-CD-Roast to 0.98alpha15 version and my gui interface
for CD burning works fine with DVD burning now.

--
David A. Cafaro <dac(at)cafaro.net>
Sys Admin to User: "You did what?!?"