[TriLUG] RE: Open Source alternative to ACT! on Windows?

Maria Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Tue Nov 25 13:22:26 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 12:00 pm, trilug-request at trilug.org wrote:
> > > Are there any Linux/Open Source CRM project out there that I might
> > > pitch over the MS/ACT! duo?

This is tricky, and I have found that most of the CRM packages lack a contact
history, which is a critical feature for anyone who actually uses this type
of software. I am about to switch from ACT! (running on VMware on Mandrake)
to absoluteEasy, a networked system with a browser-based client and a
Linux-based server built on free, open source components.
http://www.absolutebusy.com/ It's not free, but relatively inexpensive. I
have not yet made the switch, but the company offers support docs on how to
migrate from ACT!.

Maria