My Evolution setup -was- Re: [TriLUG] Help with a Linuxworld Article

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 09:40:33 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 09:10, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I'm running Evolution 1.4.3 and it gives me fits all the time on RH 9.
> What version/distro are you using?  Maybe I'll have better luck with a
> different setup.  I do like Evolution, but it seems a little buggy to
> me...
>
> Thanks,
>
> --mike

I'm using the default version of 1.2.2-5 on RH9 (with the default Gnome
as my desktop).

I download an average of 150 emails/day and I currently have around 60Mb
of mail stored in my mail folders. I'm downloading mail from six
different accounts: 1 POP, 1 POPS, 1 IMAP, 2 IMAPS, and 1 local mbox.

My box is a 1Gh AMD Duron with 256 Mb of RAM and an IDE HD (with space
aplenty for all my mail, etc).

In general my cpu runs about 86% idle (with mail open and active on a
Gnome desktop).  All my apps run great, and I even kick-butt on BZflag!

I've gone off and left Evolution open for days at a time with no
problems (so no memory leaks...).  Try doing that with Outlook!

Jon Carnes