[TriLUG] Small business server setup

Justin Johnson justin at deepbluesoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 21:51:59 EST 2003

So what other distros are others considering moving to in face of Red Hat
dropping support for Red Hat 9? Should I just go ahead and put in for budget
for Red Hat ES? I 've tried Mandrake breifly. I also considered using Suse
becasue their Openexchange server may be something we move towards in the
future. (Samasung Contact was going to be tried out on the RedHat side) The
only other distro I would probably consider would be Debian, but I've never
even seen a Debian machine that I know of. I'm all ears, I just haven't
really had much experiance other than with Red Hat.

> Learn your way around LVM and use it.  You can thank me later.  It will
> save your butt in a number of different common scenarios.
I'll thnak you and the others that where involved inthe thread on LVM in the
recent past. I don't remeber the ins and outs, but I do remeber it sounded
like a no brainer to use. The only thing that scares me is that it sounds
"too good to be true". Does it really work as well as it sounded?

Thanks again,

Justin