[TriLUG] Wireless at Lowes

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Mon Dec 1 14:33:45 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 14:07, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> From the context, I'm pretty sure 'Dark Side' means Microsoft Windows.

In that case, he's not automatically a b at 574rd in my book...  ;)

> But why would you not consider security advice from a cracker?  If they
> are truly a cracker, then they clearly know ways around security?

Thats the point, if they are *truly* a cracker that might be one thing,
but 'they' usually tend to be 13 year old idiots using someone elses
knowledge.  But either way, they all need to spend some time getting
*their* back-doors compromised in a federal prison somewhere, not
respected as consultants or instructors.  I think if you know of a real
cracker, you should turn them in.  I'm sure the threat of a good a55
pounding might get them to share some unknown vulnerabilities...

--mike