[TriLUG] hard drive error/meltdown imminent

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 1 16:49:05 EST 2003

The smartmontools can be very helpful in diagnosing hard drive problems.

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

You can also try Western Digital's diagnostic utilities.  Depending on
your warranty status, they may replace it for you!  This may, however,
require you to attach your drive to a machine running that other OS.

http://support.wdc.com/download/#diagutils

Michael