[TriLUG] RHEL. LVS, piranha

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Dec 5 11:45:38 EST 2003

I'm setting up RHEL 2.1 using lvs and piranha.  Currently I have a
primary director keeping heartbeat (pulse) with a backup.  I have a
single real server and two virtuals all appearing as up in piranha.
//The plan is to add a couple more real servers once its working.

I have apache started on the real server, but when I attempt to access
the virtual server from a test host I get nowhere.  I have the
documentation included with RHEL 2.1 and the Redhat installation guide
(chapters 6-8) seem to cover this task.  After diligently searching
these I'm still stuck.

I made the suggested changes to support firewall marking:
/sbin/modprobe ip_tables
using PREROUTING statements set to mark to 80 for http and https

Although I can't find any problems with this I have turned off
firewalling until I get the basics working - still no luck.

Any tips or redirects to useful docs would be appreciated.

--
Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge