[TriLUG] Re: RHEL. LVS, piranha

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Dec 5 12:35:49 EST 2003

Ryan Leathers wrote:
> I'd love to see what you've done, but I want to stay with piranha if I
> can.  The only reason is that I want this to be easily supported by
> somebody else, so "the less custom stuff the better" has been my goal.
>
> One of the things that I've been grumbling about is that the RHEL 2.1
> docs say that lvs-nat is the only supported option.  I want to use the
> lvs-dr option.  I get the feeling that piranha is the limiting factor.
> I really just need this to work reliably.  I could care less about
> having a configuration gui so its kind of frustrating right now.

I've had good luck using UltraMonkey (www.ultramonkey.org) with Red Hat
9 to implement a webserver farm using lvs-dr.  The farm has two
directors (primary and secondary using heartbeat) and two web servers
(so far).  It took me a bit to wrap my head around the ultramonkey
documentation vs. the config files but once I realized what was going
on, setup was easy.

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/