[TriLUG] Linux PDAs

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Mon Dec 8 14:51:46 EST 2003

I don't have experience with the 5600, but I do own a Sharp Zaurus 5500
(the earlier model).  I've used it since April of 2002, and still love
it.  I have a CF WiFi card and a 128MB SD card in it.  I've got ssh
client and server running on it, as well as VNC client and server.
Opera 6 runs very well.

What exactly do you want to use it for?  It does most things I want, but
everyone has different expectations.  I will give you one warning
though, the stock Sharp ROM will not sync with any Desktop Linux apps
yet, and no definite time-line for when they will.  You can install
other ROMs (non Sharp supported but still very good) that will sync with
Desktop Linux apps such as QtopiaDesktop for Linux or Evolution (maybe
more).

-David

--
David A. Cafaro <dac(at)cafaro.net>