[TriLUG] compactflash 64mb works, 256mb doesn't (rh 7.2)

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Mon Dec 8 22:12:48 EST 2003

davis wrote:

> Are you using the same flash to pcmcia sleave in both cases?  I suggest
> trying a different sleave.

yes, i was.  i went to best buy tonight and bought a newer pcmcia adapter,
but no change in behaviour.  of course, the new one is also sandisk brand,
just as the older one is.

> I worked on a similar problem an embedded board using microdrives and flash
> cards.  One sleave in particular exhibited the same problem.  The fix for all
> cards was changing a pull-up resistor on the pcmcia interface.

bugger.  on the laptop???

bah.  well, what other manufacturers are there for these adapters, and
what alternatives might there be?  some sort of usb adapter, maybe?

thanks!
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"